Welcome to Reception Durham University
We are looking forward to a busy and exciting year!
Our class email is firstname.lastname@example.org
Thursday 2nd April 2020
As we are going through really difficult times, we should keep being positive and keep smiling! If you haven't made a rainbow yet, please do to spread HOPE ! :)
Please feel free to explore a new EYFS home learning pack and Easter activities, which are under 'Useful learning resources and Website links'.
Please make sure you read a story daily and ask questions that will challenge and extend your child's thinking. I have shared suggested questions below. :-)
Enjoy your break!
Miss Rapti, Mrs Shah, Mrs Sheth, Mrs Reeve
Storytime – Literacy & Communication and Language
Here are some questions you can ask your child during or after your child reads a
story to you.
1. Where and when does the story take place?
2. Who are the main characters?
3. Who is your favourite character? Why?
4. Which part of the story do you like best? Why?
5. How do you feel about the end of the story? Would you change the ending?
6. What do you remember most about the story?
7. Tell me what the story is about.
8. When did the story take place? (past, present, future)
9. What's the main idea? How do you know?
10. How did the book make you feel? (reactions)
11. Do you think the story could really happen? Explain.
12. Did this book make you laugh? cry? cringe? smile? cheer? explode? Explain.
13. Would you like to be one of the people in the story? Who? Why?
14. What happened in the story? What happened in the beginning, middle and end?
15. Why did the author give the story this title? Can you think of a different title?